Monday, June 4, 2007

Ah, Venice



Okay, so this project started when one day, my dad complained that they didn't have any of my work up at their house. So, we found a picture of Venice we all liked, and decided to put it up on their dining room wall. If I had known that I'd spend the next three months stuck at the top of a ladder, I might never have begun. Just to give you an idea of the enormity of this project, the wall was 10 feet high and 13 feet wide, so it was not only the biggest, but the most detailed work I'd yet attempted. It took FOREVER just to get a piece of it done. I believe it took me 2 weeks just to get the first building done. The finishing touch of course, was to paint a portrait of my parents in the gondola. I didn't do as well on that part as I'd hoped, but I've never painted people before. I guess now I know what I need to work on. Everything considered, though, I was pleased with how it turned out, and I'd love to do it again someday.

No comments: