Monday, June 4, 2007

European Bath

These photos are of a rather small guest bathroom that I designed and decorated, with the help of my brilliant sister, Tracy.
I meant it to be elegant and inviting, something you might expect to find in a European luxury hotel. I've never been to Europe, but this is what I envision.
We started by sponging the walls with a combination of ivory, brown, and metallic gold paint, which gave it a champagne finish. The cabinetry was also painted this way, and new nickel knobs were added. We then taped off 6-inch stripes, which we painted solid gold.
We finished it all off with some rather rich textures, a raw silk shower curtain adorned with fancy hooks, bamboo shades, and luxurious caramel-colored terry towels.
What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.