Monday, June 4, 2007

Nursery Safari

This is the first of 3 nurseries I did for my son. The reason is because we moved 3 times before he was 18 months old, and I loved how it looked when finished. I basically copied the design from the crib set that I purchased, drawing the animals on the walls. The first attempt, what you see here, had the "mural" on the top 2/3 of the walls, while the bottom third was striped vertically with giraffe spots.



























In the second nursery, I changed the direction of the stripes on the bottom, and found Wallies, these fabulous wallpaper cut-outs that matched my crib set. I pasted the Wallies on the bottom third of the wall, then stenciled in letters so that if I had a picture of a giraffe, it said "G is for Giraffe," etc. I also printed off some pictures of my son to personalize the room a bit, which I pasted to the walls and added "J is for Jason."










































Our last move was from Mississippi to Northern California, so we downsized to an apartment. Because I knew I'd have to paint over whatever I put up when we left, I decided to paint only one wall, mural-style.

No comments: